Here the link to the demo level:
And here the instructions! Hope you will enjoy it!!!
Wow, we've finally done it. After a lot of requests from the Unity3D forums and Facebook we finally release our first playable Demo of Jet Force Gemini: Resurrection and you are allowed to test one area of the second level Goldwood.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- download and extract GoldwoodForest.zip, run GoldwoodForest.exe and press the right mouse button on the title screen to enter the game.
- use W,A,S,D to run around, press and hold left shift to walk
- Show or hide your gun by pressing Q or the mouse wheel. When your gun is visible you can fire unprecisely by pressing the left mouse button or you can enter the aiming-mode by pressing the right mouse button. In aiming-mode you can shoot precisely.
- Use the mousewheel to scroll through the weapons. 2 are included: Pistol and Machine Gun.
- In aiming-mode use A and D to strafe
- Press Space to jump
- End game with Alt + F4
WHAT WE KNOW AND WHAT WE'RE ABOUT TO FIX:
- Plasma Gun isn't integrated in the Demo, it's not finished yet
- Jumping is a bit jerky, will be fixed
- You don't slide off steep edges. I hope I can somehow fix this but it has my attention
- Camera isn't behind the player when the game starts. This does work but I missed the right configuration before upload! Sorry!
- Drones sometimes walk through obstacles or stop and turn around their own axis very fast. This is an error in the AI which I still have to search and fix.
- Air units are coming out of the wall instead out of the treetops. False axis configuration. Will be fixed.
- Do not try to enter the door again through which you enter the level. The game will try to perform a scene change, but since only one scene is included in the demo you'll only recieve a black screen.
- Health and Ammo are incredibly high. Yap - extra for you so you can do a very intense and relaxed testing without getting killed very fast.
- The second life force door doesn't open. Demo ends here and is limited to only one area
Constructive critisism is welcome and please keep an eye on your FPS counter and tell me which value you reached in the comment section. Then I know how well the game runs on several systems.
Hint for ATI graphic card owners - if the FPS is very bad try to turn off Catalys AI in the Catalyst Control Center/driver settings. Unity doesn't seem to like it.
Well then: Happy Shootiing!